Blog #35 Practice Interview

 Hello readers In todays Blog I will be showing you all my interview and lead practice I conducted in class. My classmate Joshua Rodriguez was kind enough to spare me his time and give me an insight on his life. The Narrative lead type was a fun way to practice I felt like a real author creating a book. The interview was also really interesting because I do not spend much time with Joshua and after this interview I definitely felt closer to him. Without further ado enjoy my practice work below!!

Practice Interview Questions -- Joshua Rodriguez

1.     What is the most important thing in your life right now?

School is what is most important to me, raising my grades is my new priority as I make the transition into university. 

2.     What have been your past priorities that may have hindered the new school focused mindset?

Some of my past priorities have been socializing, during that time in my life I realized school is what is most important right now. Not hanging out with friends 

3.     Has the college application process been proven difficult 

The process has been smooth sailing so far because I have had help from ROTC instructors from various universities.

4.     What are your aims for schools?

My reach universities are University of Florida and University of Miami. I have been accepted into 8 of the 10 Universities I have applied to. I am waiting for the other decisions to come out around late March.

5.     What do you think other kids should know about applying to college?

I believe that other students need to know that it is not a difficult thing to do but it is time-consuming and tedious.

6.     Why do you want to go to school despite all the job opportunities available without a degree?

I want to go to school because I plan to be commissioned as an officer in the Military and that requires a bachelor's degree but beyond that I want to make a memorable difference while giving back to the country that offered me extensive opportunity.

7.     What benefits do you find that working for the government can offer you besides self-fulfillment?

Benefits like free financial advisors, Tricare, SGLI (Service member group life insurance), paid for schooling and the chance for my future dependents to have tuition assistance are just some things that call me to the Army in specific. The camaraderie of the Military is something else I look forward to by serving the government.

 

Article

School, war, and friends is what Joshua Rodriguez finds reigns supreme over everything else in the world. Throughout this interview I fleshed out what things Rodriguez finds most important in his life right now. We dug into his past priorities that steered his focus off to school and his university plans. Rodriguez has a couple of schools he is eyeing the University of Miami and University of Florida. During the process he received tons of guidance from ROTC instructors, through that knowledge, he can confidently say “it is not a difficult thing to do but it is time-consuming and tedious.” Joshua is excited to start his collegiate career and cannot wait to attribute his success to the brotherhood the military has and will offer him.

Comments

Popular Posts