Blog #32 Lead Practice #1

 Hello readers! In todays blog I will be linking a practice lead I have completed below. This practice was interesting to me because it really challenged my summarization skills. This specific lead practice includes a narrative lead, including my notes on the article and a title I used to describe my lead.


1. Woman Shattering Stereotypes 

 - The University of Michigan did a study to debunk the stereotype of woman talking more than men

- Although men are paid more, they work less in comparison to woman.

- Not only do woman work for more hours they were projected to work 112% more than men

- men were categorized to be in more managerial jobs then women but worked less than women in those same jobs

- men were projected to spend 11% of the workday on unscheduled breaks in comparison to women's 8%

            - Descriptive Lead

You bust your behind. Produce quality work and overcome the obstacles that you have and get the most competitive job in town. You are proud, but not everyone feels the same way. In the eyes of Gary from Church all you would be qualified to do is look good and gossip in the office. However, you know that is not true because despite your immense fight to the highest manager, jimmy your coworker produces less work than you in a workday. Jimmy walks and talks with coffee in his hand 15 minutes after he has had a break. Despite all that, by the end of the pay period your check is smaller than Jimmy’s but how could this be? You are a woman, under men since the dawn of time despite everything pointing to a women's superior work ethic.


Below I created a graphic I believe represents my lead accurately. I hope you enjoyed my lead and that it engaged you in the best ways possible. Until next time with two more lead practices.



Graphic made in Canva.

Comments

Popular Posts