Blog #21 Magazine Planning - History

 Hi there readers! In today’s blog I wanted to give a brief update on how my magazine research is going and what better way to show what I know then, telling my readers about it. 

There was a variety of things I decided to research to ensure my magazines success, and that starts at the history of Woman’s magazine’s, something my team intends on honoring through this project.

The rich history of Woman’s magazines. They debuted back in 1693 through “Athenian Mercury“ which was the first magazine to target woman as the literacy in France rose. Due to this magazine that paved the way many magazines in America started woman targeted works and they were successful. Fast forward to now some of thee most successful magazines are woman aimed like Essence, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, etc. Which I will be using as models of how my magazine will look. More about that in the blogs to come. ;) 

During the research process I became a bit curious to what “Athenian Mercury” may have looked like, So in Canva I took a try at recreating what it might’ve looked like, simple phrases, my picture of a woman with a strong stance and a timeless hairstyle. I let some creativity took over, haha I hope you enjoyed todays blog! Until next time.






Citations

Graphic made in Canva.

https://open.lib.umn.edu/mediaandculture/chapter/5-2-history-of-magazine-publishing/

Comments

Popular Posts